January 28, 2006

Berries with Ricotta Cheese

So you of course could not resist making my Scallops with Caramelized Pearl Onions and Tarragon Crème Fraiche Sauce, and now you are wondering what to do with that leftover Crème Fraiche. Or at least this is what I was thinking as it sits in my refrigerator hoping to be used in one last dish. So here is what I came up with.

This recipe is based on the idea of the typical strawberries with crème fraiche, but I added ricotta cheese to make it richer and thicker. Oh-la-la! And like the scallops, this is an easy dish.

The ingredients are (per serving):
  • 4 tbsp ricotta cheese (All I had in my refrigerator was part skim ricotta cheese, and this worked well. Of course the regular will probably taste better though!)
  • 2 tbsp Crème Fraiche (I love that accent on the "e"...it makes me feel sophisticated)
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (Y'all, use the good stuff. You can find it at Williams-Sonoma. Yes, it is expensive but the difference in taste is huge.)
  • 1/2-1 tsp sugar
  • Handful of berries

Mix the first four ingredients together. Then place on a dish or in a bowl and sprinkle with the berries. So simple, so good, so elegant and a nice ending to a good meal with friends.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristin, I am so impressed! I love your blog and can't wait to read more.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home