July 30, 2006

La Boqueria market – Barcelona, Spain

Now most people who visit Barcelona probably make their first stop Park Guell, or one of Gaudi’s other numerous creations in this great city. Me? My first stop was La Boqueria, a fabulous food market located right off of Las Ramblas.

La Boqueria, officially named Mercat Sant Josep, is a bustling market that has been in existence since the early 1800’s. This extremely colorful spot is filled with fruits, vegetables, assorted nuts, dairy products, meats, and seafood. There are also a few places within the market where you can grab a bite to eat.

I just loved this place. In fact, I re-visited it three times! It possesses such a great energy with all the locals and tourists meandering around it and making their orders. I also saw a lot of new fruits that I had never seen before. So I loved walking around and exploring this market. I definitely recommend stopping by here if you are ever in Barcelona.

Here are some pictures:











Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger pinknest said...

oooh look at all those colors!! makes me want to sample everything.

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you get lost in spain? i think you were doing such a great job here. hate to see you stop! been meaning to try that english is italian place for a while, after seeing your recommendation on here, and thought of you when i passed it on the jitney on the weekend. anyway, if you've given up on this, thought you might like this - http://www.yelp.com. created my own also ;-) - http://lib.yelp.com .

7:44 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Hi Lib-

Thanks for your note! And don't worry, I have not stopped. I just have too much going on in the summer to allow me the propper time needed to post more frequently. I should be back on track in the Fall!

-Kristin

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home