Valentine’s Dinner with my Man
With Valentine’s Day here to celebrate those we love, I must cook a special meal for Brighton. So what does a cat want for Valentine’s? (Oh, yes, Brighton is a cat—you didn’t think I actually had a man waiting at home and warming up the couch for me everyday, did you?)
For this special feline in my life, I decided to make him meatballs. My friend, Susan, shared with me a meatball recipe for cats so I decided to try it out. Here is what you need:
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 tsp grated cheese
- 1 tsp brewers yeast (I did not have this and I think it was fine)
- ½ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried catnip
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
1. Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together—use your hands; they are your best tools for this!
3. Roll meat into balls, about an inch in diameter and place onto a cookie sheet.
4. Place in oven and cook for about 12 minutes, or until they are browned.
May your meatballs be purrfect for the special feline in your life! Ha, ha, ha...my friends and family are sooo rolling their eyes right now!
If you would like to adopt a little man (or lady) of the feline sort, go to Petfinder.com and find a pet who needs a home!