February 12, 2006

Valentine’s Dinner with my Man

There is nothing better than after a long day at work, coming home to my man, Brighton. He is perfect. Since he is always home when I am finished with work, he kindly warms up the couch for me to plop on and kick up my feet. Brighton then cuddles up with me and makes my day’s worries melt away.

With Valentine’s Day here to celebrate those we love, I must cook a special meal for Brighton. So what does a cat want for Valentine’s? (Oh, yes, Brighton is a cat—you didn’t think I actually had a man waiting at home and warming up the couch for me everyday, did you?)

For this special feline in my life, I decided to make him meatballs. My friend, Susan, shared with me a meatball recipe for cats so I decided to try it out. Here is what you need:
  • ½ lb ground beef
  • 1 small carrot, grated
  • 1 tsp grated cheese
  • 1 tsp brewers yeast (I did not have this and I think it was fine)
  • ½ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
  • 1 tsp dried catnip
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste

1. Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together—use your hands; they are your best tools for this!
3. Roll meat into balls, about an inch in diameter and place onto a cookie sheet.
4. Place in oven and cook for about 12 minutes, or until they are browned.

May your meatballs be purrfect for the special feline in your life! Ha, ha, ha...my friends and family are sooo rolling their eyes right now!

If you would like to adopt a little man (or lady) of the feline sort, go to Petfinder.com and find a pet who needs a home!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

This looks really nice, thanks for alerting me to it! Did he like them though? Brighton looks very handsome, Ywette is purring loudly at the screen and says hi!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Anne, yes he does like the meatballs but I do have to cut them up for him--otherwise he just stares at them! I think they are a nice change from his normal cat food.

8:26 PM  
Blogger erin said...

What a cute post. I could see myself posting something like that about my "man" and yeah my friends and fam would be rolling their eyes too. Glad you mentioned the adoption part. I adopted my cat from the pound- the best $50.00 I've ever spent!!!

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, Brighton is truly a handsome little man. My kitty likes grilled ground beef...but get this, he only likes the Costco brand..Sirloin only. Kisses to Brighton!

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home